[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of EJB 3.0] - Re: MetaData based annotations in EJB3 container

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 26 09:34:58 EST 2007

"wolfc" wrote :
  | I'm thinking to make the Advisor an association of the EJBContainer instead of a super class. What do you think about that?
  |
  | For annotation (/metadata) resolving there everybody must use the getAnnotation methods on the EJBContainer. ResolveAnnotation is also not allowed.

Better would be to make it implement the MetaData interface
then people can retrieve other hierarchical context, not just annotations.
You could also expose a getMutableMetaData() to allow people to put
things there, including non-annotations.

But this is more important where people need to retrieve things
in the interceptors. i.e. they don't directly have access to the EJBContainer api,
just the aop subset.

anonymous wrote :
  | This is where the trouble of aop.xml starts. If it's augmenting we must have it before we process metadata. If it's using then it must run after processing of metadata. We keep pushing this forward to see how far we can get.
  |
  | The lifecycle itself should be according to http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=EJB3Q32007

I was actually talking the invocations of instantiated/create/destroy/etc.

But this needs resolving generically. e.g. when we do the aop/jca
implementation, this will have similar requirements
i.e. xml metadata, annotations on the resource adapter and overrides
in jca specific aop domains.

JBossMessaging has nearly the same requirements already
but they've solved the problem in their own way, which is not good -
same problem, different bugs. ;-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107748#4107748

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107748