[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Build System] - Re: Strange dependency issue

pgier do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 26 12:15:43 EST 2007

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote :

  | It certainly allows you to be very explict about what you want and understand
  | what your real dependencies are. :-)
  |
  | e.g. I don't care that JBossXB defines apache-xxx:1.2.3, I want to use apache-xxx:2.3.4
  | Currently I don't even know that it using it at all without some nontrivial investigation. ;-)

If you define apache-xxx:2.3.4 as a direct dependency, it should be using that one.  We had some problems with microcontainer in the past because the dependency's groupId changed, so maven didn't know they were the same dep, and that caused the older one to be used.

You can also use the project info report
mvn project-info-reports:dependencies

And that should show what your project is actually using.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107812#4107812

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107812