[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - New KernelBus lookup failure

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 3 10:15:01 EDT 2007

I'm having problems locating runtime component via new KernelBus lookup.

The lookup goes over KernelRegistry, which eventually delegates things to registered KernelRegistryPlugins.
Currenty there are three KernelRegistryPlugins: BasicKernelRegistryFactory, AbstractKernelController, JNDIKernelRegistryPlugin.

OK, we can forget about the last one - JNDI.

But the thing is that neither of the first two is able to find simple 'name=DefaultDS,service=ManagedConnectionPool' service.
Looking at the AbstractKernelController makes it clear, since this service is not a POJO supplier. But one would expect to find it in the first registry.

What's the idea/algorithm what goes into BasicKernelRegistryFactory and is not present as installed ControllerContext in Controller and vice versa?
Since I get 188 entries in BasicKernelRegistryFactory and 359 Installed contexts in Controller. And BasicKernelRegistryFactory doesn't return service, where Controller.getInstalledContext returns the service context.

I'm running AS5 profileservice configuration.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4091075#4091075

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4091075