[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - JobExecutor enhencement proposition to allow 3rd framework i

p.pasqual do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 3 11:26:05 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I work currently on integartion of Jbpm solution under our Software which is base on Spring Framwork : using Spring bean for configuration and AOP interception for transactional and logging stuff.

An Custom ObjectFactory implementation permit to use bean configuration
made under  "Spring Beans" if existe and use default ObjectFactoryImpl if not.

JobExecutor 's Fields are all "package" , and there is no relative "public" setter, soo it's impossible to set values from a Spring Bean Context. One of the simplest way to solve this is to simply add setters for all field present under jbpm.cfg.xml file.

Un other point is About posibility to use Spring AOP transaction interception
during assynchronous Job Execution (ie Using transaction context of hosting platform of course if provided). For this i propose to un-couple JbpmContext technical (aquire/close/exception handling) and functional (Job Execution) stuff using Service/Callback writing pattern.

Enhencement Resume :
 1/ JobExecutor setter Add
 2/ JobExecutorThread execution actions under host provided transactional context.

To give you an idee i send you a "draft" patch corresponding to my implementation. I made it to limite impact at the minimum on code base. At the first aproche i only refactor JobExecutorThread.executeJob() to use Callback but i think it's possible to extends this methodology to all other point where there is JbpmContext creation.

i waiting for your feed back

best regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4091111#4091111

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4091111