[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Transaction Services] - Re: UserTransaction over iiop

reverbel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 4 17:32:13 EDT 2007

"jhalliday" wrote : I guess we need to distinguish between doing remote (i.e. client side) transaction control for what are really non-distributed tx vs. doing real distributed tx.

  | The code in question is the former, with an iiop transport. Similarly there is a default UserTransaction implementation that provides client-side control to the JTA (over the old jboss remoting?) For real JTS e.g. using AS with JBossTS JTS, the client side UserTransaction implementation will need to be different.
I don't see why there need to be a difference at the client side. If the OTS context propagation format is used in both cases (non-distributed tx and distributed tx), then what the client-side UserTransaction implementation does in the non-distributed case is the same it would do in the distributed case: obtain an OTS context from the TM, associate it with the current thread, and propagate it along with outgoing requests. The real difference is in the server/TM side.

"jhalliday" wrote : I agree the existing code can be copied back, so long as it's abstracted by some API so we can replace it with a different one when integrating the JBossTS JTS. That may be as simple as registering a different object in JNDI.
The problem with the deleted code is that (at the server-side) it had hard dependencies on JBoss TM classes (XidFactory and TransactionImpl).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4091746#4091746

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4091746