[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - splitting access= on variables into multiple attributes

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 18 15:46:35 EDT 2007

I know work is being done on WS-HumanTasks as a probable solution for the task configuration in the PVM. (133 pages... wow.....)

4.0 will not be out shortly, but I do see enhancements to the current UI that would be to difficult, while maintaining backwardscompatibility.

A variable is currently written as
<variable access="read,write,required" name="myVar"></variable>

Most web ui frameworks use something like
<variable readOnly="true" required="true" name="myVar"></variable>

The read is often not there, so it is not needed imo (if you cannot read it, you should not put it there)

This would make it possible to do things like
<variable readOnly="#{actorId=='Ronald'}" required="#{transition == 'GoLeft'}" name="myVar"></variable>

Or more complex ones... Conditionally requiring variables. This would greatly enhance the capabilities of the webconsole, doing even nicer things in RAD environments.

Ofcourse access= should still be supported, so I do *NOT* propose to ditch this, or write any converters.

Thoughts?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4096715#4096715

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4096715