[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Remoting, Unified Invokers] - Re: Duplicate mbean removal

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 24 19:54:50 EDT 2007

Sorry, my explanation was off base.

The Connector isn't registering itself - it's creating and registering an org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker (BisocketServerInvoker, in this case).  As you say, the Connector is acting as a container for the ServerInvoker.  The Connector appears in a *-service.xml file, and the ServerInvoker does not.

So, registering and unregistering the ServerInvoker makes sense, I think. The question is, why is Connector.stop() not finding the ServerInvoker's object name?  If, for some reason, there was a problem registering the ServerInvoker, the log should have the output of

  |  log.warn("Error registering invoker " + invoker + " with MBeanServer.", e);

I was wondering if maybe JBossMessaging is programmatically stopping the Connector, leaving the ServerInvoker's object name unregistered, so that when the ServiceController stops the Connector, the object name isn't there.  However, I see that the Connector is injected into two JBM MBeans (org.jboss.jms.server.ServerPeer and org.jboss.jms.server.connectionfactory.ConnectionFactory), and it doesn't look like either of those is doing it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4098612#4098612

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4098612