[jboss-dev-forums] [Deployers on JBoss (Deployers/JBoss)] - Re: Deployer order solely based on inputs/outputs now?

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 7 12:36:37 EDT 2007

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote : "bill.burke at jboss.com" wrote : Ok, after talking to Ales I think i get it.
  |   |
  |   | There would be:
  |   |
  |   | EJBParserDeployer
  |   | EJBDescribeDeployer
  |   | EJBComponentDeployer
  |   |
  |   | So, if my EJBDescribeDeployer is part of the DESCRIBE stage, it should happen after EVERY DeploymentUnit has gone through Parsing, right?
  |
  | This can only work if you add the dependencies to the deployment rather than
  | the ejb instance. The same way OSGi dependencies work.

I should also point out that with the latest rev of the deployers, the deployment
dependencies are implemented on the whole deployment.

i.e. adding a dependency on an ejb subdeployment of ear will actually be
a dependency for the whole ear.

So if the describe deployer adds a dependency saying don't move to the "REAL"
stage until java:/DefaultDS is deployed, nothing in the EAR will move to "REAL"
until that is done.

In that sense, it can't be piecemeal if you have real dependencies on the deployments.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4082237#4082237

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4082237