[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: KernelRegistryPlugins and dependencies

scott.stark@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 11 12:48:11 EDT 2007

Looking at this in more detail, a KernelRegistryPlugin does not seem the correct way to handle this. The JNDIKernelRegistryPlugin is shared instance getting called by the kernel to resolve a name for a DemandDependency, but the registry value is not just a function of the name. Its a function of the name and the dependee's class loader. Two ejb deployments can have a reference to the same jndi name, but will have different values on lookup due to deserialization of the value using different class loaders.

There needs to be a custom DemandMetaData implementation that has a DependencyItem implementation that combines the jndi name and class loader to use for resolution during lookup. I'll see if I can get this working.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4083114#4083114

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4083114