[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - Re: Handling component references

wolfc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 14 04:39:45 EDT 2007

Andrew Lee Rubinger (new EJB 3 dev) wants to build a service locator. This depends on an interface registry. So he's going to create one in projects/ejb3 ejb3-registrar. I think the deployers also need such a registry to resolve interface dependencies. Do you concur with that dependency?
Should we put it in projects/ejb3? Or in integration?

I want to limit the functionality of the component to (scoped) interface resolution only. Not ejb-links. So you'll get something like:
interface Registry {
  |   JavaEEComponent getComponentByBusinessInterface(Class<?> businessInterface);
  | }

Currently for ejb-links I've taken an approach where a JavaEEComponent asks it's JavaEEModule to resolve an ejb-link (in a weird way, via createObjectName). This should become: getComponent.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4084339#4084339

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4084339