[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - Re: Handling component references

scott.stark@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 14 11:01:28 EDT 2007

Its not clear to me that the JavaEEComponent is what the resolving deployer needs. It needs to transform the metadata for the references into dependecy metadata for the component metadata so that when the mc creates the component from the component metadata, its dependencies are injected, or bound into jndi, or whatever, as appropriate.

The JavaEEComponent is too close to the mc component as far as I can see. I think the general mistake we continue to make is thinking of wiring beans/components together when we need to be describing the wiring (metadata) and letting the mc do the wiring.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4084510#4084510

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4084510