[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Re: Can't configure a single, shared JGroups channel

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 17 14:37:20 EDT 2007

The problem with using the same channel for control messages and "data" messages in JBM  is that we use the JGroups MessageDispatcher on the channel to handle to the control messages, but we use a standard receiver on the other channel for the "data" messages.

IIRC, once you use the MessageDispatcher on a channel, this precludes receiving any messages that were sent not using the MessageDispatcher - i.e. we wouldn't receive any data messages.

Any ideas how we get around this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085207#4085207

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085207