[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Remoting, Unified Invokers] - Re: Interruption and the Remoting 3 API

jason.greene@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 18 16:37:06 EDT 2007

"david.lloyd at jboss.com" wrote : Some operations in Remoting 3 might be
  | So here's the question: should these normally-quick-but-possibly-sometimes-slow methods:
  | a) throw InterruptedException,
  | b) translate the InterruptedException into a RemotingException (and keep the thread's interruption status set),
  | or c) just run uninterruptably (and propagate the thread's interruption status)?

IMO I like option A for everything that is obviously I/O, and option B for anything very high-level, but using a subclassed exception in case someone wants to handle it still.

-Jason

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085741#4085741

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085741