[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of POJO Server] - Re: ManagedOperation aspects for the ProfileService.Manageme

scott.stark@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 21 11:06:51 EDT 2007

"alesj" wrote :
  | Eh silly me, didn't even think for a second :-(, there are ManagedProperties for that kind of stuff. :-)
  |
  | How do you currently invoke those?
  | Since I think they should be invoked the same way as ManagedOperations - over the KernelBus.
  | That's why we introduced AttributeDispatchContext.
The properties are updated during the ManagementView.process call based on what updateComponent calls have been made. These currently just map back to the deployemnt attachment. For those properties with a ViewUse.RUNTIME setting:

  | public enum ViewUse
  | {
  |    /** A read-write property used for creating/updating a config */
  |    CONFIGURATION,
  |    /** A read-only type of property */ (this comment is wrong, its an extension of CONFIGURATION that has a runtime component the property change should be dispatched to)
  |    RUNTIME,
  |    /** A read-only type of property that provides runtime stats */
  |    STATISTIC
  | }

we also need to send the change to the runtime component.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087293#4087293

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4087293