[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Remoting, Unified Invokers] - Re: Transport Use Cases

jason.greene@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 21 11:26:10 EDT 2007

"ron.sigal at jboss.com" wrote :  The use of Remoting by JBossWS is a counterexample, since they use a Remoting client without a Remoting server, but I can't say much more than that, not being very familiar with their code.

JBossWS uses Remoting solely for basic client side http transport functionality. SOAP marshalling is implemented in JBossWS using a custom remoting marshaller.

The server side component of JBossWS is currently just a servlet, which is needed for container integration, however, it was also desired for remoting to provide a lightweight standalone http server API. Tom did a prototype awhile back using an embedded slimed down version of tomcat, but it would also be a good idea to reuse any VM provided http server, the sun vm includes one, for example. This is obviously less important than the main and more prevalent use cases of remoting, but I thought I would mention it nonetheless.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087303#4087303

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4087303