[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Clustering on JBoss (Clusters/JBoss)] - Re: JIRA JBAS-4732: RmiBindAddress attrribute missing for HA

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 21 18:19:30 EDT 2007

Thanks; this is much more clear. I had a feeling you didn't have a simple config issue, but didn't want to go through a diagnostic conversation in the JIRA.

In 4.2, JBoss now sets java.rmi.server.hostname to the value passed to -b, so the ambiguity is removed.  This doesn't give the desired flexibility to bind different services to different addresses, but http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-3925 seems like the best solution to that. (Note that JIRA says Fix Version 5.0.0.Beta3, but I'm quite sure it won't happen for that release.)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087447#4087447

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4087447