[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JCA on JBoss] - New JCA metadata/deployments

weston.price@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Sep 29 13:55:25 EDT 2007

I know this has been discussed before, but I want to reiterate that I think the  stuff should be dropped from the *-ds.xml format moving forward. While the current implementation accounts for embedded MBeans, this is going to be problematic moving forward with the 'thin' version of JCA being that allowing for embedded MBean deployments requires a dependency in the meta data on the ServiceMetaData stuff.

Similarly, I would imagine that this would also create issues for the profile service to support MBean dependencies?

I kept the older *-ds.xml format simply to minimize migration issues but at this point it might make more sense to rework the schema to drop the legacy stuff.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089979#4089979

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089979