[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Root cause with iDependOn equal null

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 2 09:26:17 EDT 2008

A bit related to this:
 - http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140958#4140958

In the case where iDependOn == null this is then used

  | Object iDependOn = item.getIDependOn();
  |                if (iDependOn == null)
  |                {
  |                      dependency = "<UNKNOWN>";
  |                      actualStateString = "** UNRESOLVED " + item.toHumanReadableString() + " **";
  |                }

Meaning (UNKNOWN) name is used for all dependencies that don't have iDependOn set.

But when we look for root cause (see IncompleteDeployments::calculateContextsError)

  |       Map<String, Set<MissingDependency>> contextsMissingDependencies = getContextsMissingDependencies();
  |       if (contextsMissingDependencies.isEmpty() == false)
  |       {
  |          for (Map.Entry<String, Set<MissingDependency>> entry : contextsMissingDependencies.entrySet())
  |          {
  |             for (MissingDependency dependency : entry.getValue())
  |                rootCauses.put(dependency.getDependency(), dependency.getActualState());
  |          }
  |       }

we use the name as key.
So all (UNKNOWN) would be flattened into single entry.

Should I add something like

?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140967#4140967

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4140967