[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: Circular dependency error msg problem

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 2 09:47:09 EDT 2008

"scott.stark at jboss.org" wrote : If all resolvable dependencies were processed and then resolveDependencies returned false, only the two cyclic dependencies would remain for the error processing.

Yup, that's right.
Should we change AbstractDependencyInfo::resolveDependencies to work this way?

Or some additional (quick) isResolved on DependencyItem?
Which would only do some check, not changing the state inside the instance.
e.g.

  |    public boolean isResolved(Controller controller)
  |    {
  |       return isResolved() || controller.getInstalledContext(iDependOn) != null;
  |
  |    }

which we would then use in DeployersImpl::checkControllerContext

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140973#4140973

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4140973