[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss Portlet Container integration into 2.7

julien@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Apr 13 19:17:57 EDT 2008

I have adapted the content provider framework for rendering to use public render parameters as it was planned.

In order to be content driven a portlet needs to declare and manage the public render parameter "uri" with the namespace "urn:jboss:portal:content".

At runtime the portal will set the declared parameter with the window contained URI.

What is remaining to be done in that area is :

1/ update of the faces portlet component to handle a portlet generated event as a JSF event

2/ implement a special event that signals the end of the configuration activity during content edition using the same "urn:jboss:portal:content" namespace with an appropriate name. When this event is received it should tells the JSF admin portlet that content is configured. Today that already exists but relies on a special action parameter which is the previous way to communicate.

I experienced the impossibility to use the portlet content editor in the admin due to stack traces, so that should be solved asap.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4143747#4143747

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4143747