[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: Programmatic policy for jar handling

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 15 07:46:17 EDT 2008

"alesj" wrote :
  | "adrian at jboss.org" wrote :
  |   | Other more automatic rules should be in the Structure Deployers. They're the ones that know a context is a war and can decide based on some metadata in the deployment or an external rule that a paricular war or all wars should be unpacked when they are subdeployments.
  | Then it could be too late.
  | e.g. a War Structure deployer is already going inside war file, checking for WEB-INF and web.xml, by such caching the handler on its parent.
  | And we already used what we actually wanted to set - we either created the copy, but the policy would say not to create them, or vice versa.

The StructureDeployers are only looking for resources and creating ContextInfo.
The real VFSDeployment is constructed once the structure is determined.

See VFSStructureBuilder::createChildDeploymentContext()
which is where any additional metadata (e.g. unpack) would actually get used.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4144202#4144202

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4144202