[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of AOP on JBoss (Aspects/JBoss)] - Re: Per Instance Aspects Overhead

flavia.rainone@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 18 02:04:11 EDT 2008

We could see a better yet performance if we don't reset the joinpoint instance when an instance advisor gets created. Kabir, do you think this would break something?

This would imply that a joinpoint class generation request is made only when necessary, i.e., the first time the joinpoint is reached, and when there is a new interception chain, different from the previous chain.

For that, we will need to be able of asserting whether the interceptor chain in the instance advisor is any different from the one in the class advisor.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4145045#4145045

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4145045