[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of EJB 3.0] - Re: Deprecating Ejb3Deployment

scott.stark@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 22 13:09:18 EDT 2008

The metadata project covers the standard metadata models we support in jbossas.

If new annotations affect the existing metadata, we need to add the dependency on the annotations and update the annotation creators to incorporate them.

If these are just pass through annotations on javaee component classes that should be available in a generic manner on the JBossEnterpriseBeanMetaData (which is the metadata input for the EjbContainer which is where getAnnotation(Class) exists). There is already a  JBossEnterpriseBeanMetaData.getAnnotations which returns a mapping of annotation class to AnnotationMetaData. This is not populated for unknown annotations though.

If we add pass through support for annotations to the component metadata for class, field and method annotations, is that going to be sufficient?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4145945#4145945

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4145945