[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss ESB] - Re: Publish ESB services to web services

Kevin.Conner@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 25 05:26:03 EDT 2008

"jim.ma" wrote : org.jboss.esb.Request , Response and Fault class can be a  java bean and inherits from  a mew class XMLMessageBase .
What is the reason for inheriting from a base class?  Would it not be easier if these were POJOs?
"jim.ma" wrote : In XMLMessageBase, we can put the request part value in Esb message body . Also by invoking the method in XMLMessageBase, we can retrieve the response part value from esb message body .
I think it would be better to use a named location within the message body for both parts and allow the names to be configurable.  This would then be consistent with the way we are handling similar tasks within the current codebase, for example the integration with jBPM/drools maps these named locations into/out of their variable scopes.

"jim.ma" wrote : By reflecting the Request class, we can generate schema  using apache  XMLSchema even there is no annotation in it.
This sounds like a good idea.

Kev

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4146753#4146753

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4146753