[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Re: Paging discussion:

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 19 13:23:30 EDT 2008

"clebert.suconic at jboss.com" wrote :

  | My first try was to have a single ref-counting for everything, and an attribute for isDurable on the message, but I realized that you could have some of the bindings durable, and some nonDurable.

Yes, durable is effectively an attribute of the reference not the method

boolean durable = ref.getMessage().isDurable() && ref.getQueue().isDurable().

anonymous wrote :
  | So.. you would need to differentiate the two ref-countings.

Yes, the message can maintain a durable count and a non durable count, but you can use the same methods for incrementing / decrementing.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4171336#4171336

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4171336