[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Deployment Framework] - Russian doll packaging in arbitrary directories - JBAS-5900

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 29 11:21:54 EDT 2008

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-5900

This raises the issue of a change in behaviour in "Russian doll" packaging
in JBoss5.

The behaviour asserted is actually not tested in the AS testsuite, instead
it is documentated to be otherwise,
see "Deploy Applications Inside of An Application" here:
http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/upgrade4/html/

"If you want to make a subdeployment (for those archives that support simple Russian Doll packaging), place it in the root of the parent deployment."
(My emphasis)

Possible Solutions:

1) We could create a new but deprecated "DirectoryStructure" that adds this behaviour
for backwards compatiblity purposes.
i.e. instead of ignoring directories inside deployments that don't have
a META-INF subfolder, we could scan them (recursively) for deployments.

2) We could add something to that treats directories like "lib" specially
and scans them for jars, since this is becoming a standard within JavaEE.

3) Close the issue saying it was an "undocumented feature"

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4173370#4173370

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4173370