[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss ESB] - Re: StartProcessInstanceCommand: Return token id/process ins

camunda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 22 00:37:41 EST 2008

  | Kevin, I believe that you are very wary of signal because the command doesn't know if the process instance is in a known/consistent state

You can set an "expected state" on the jbpm SignalCommand. And I think if you get some really external signal, you need he SignalCommand, or how do you want to get around this?

Returning the token id when starting a new process instance is indeed an important use case where already some workarounds have been created because it is not there! So I completly support this requirement.

In this thread I think it is a good idea to mention again, that the whole internals of the BpmProcessor are a bit, hmm, let's say hard to understand... Best thing in my eyes is to rewrite it... I wanted to collect issues I have with it but didn't had the time yet...

Cheers
Bernd

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4197896#4197896

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4197896