[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss IIOP on JBoss] - CorbaNamingService for EJB3 in AS trunk

jhalliday do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 4 08:16:29 EST 2008

So I'm trying to write a RMI/IIOP client for an EJB that's deployed in JBossAS. I'm using META-INF/jboss.xml to enable the iiop invoker and that bit works seems to work fine.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <!DOCTYPE jboss PUBLIC
  |  "-//JBoss//DTD JBOSS 4.0//EN" "http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss_4_0.dtd">
  |
  | <jboss>
  |    <enterprise-beans>
  |       <session>
  |          <ejb-name>StatelessBean</ejb-name>
  |          <jndi-name>StatelessBean</jndi-name>
  |          <configuration-name>Standard Stateless SessionBean</configuration-name>
  |          <invoker-bindings>
  |             <invoker>
  |                <invoker-proxy-binding-name>iiop</invoker-proxy-binding-name>
  |             </invoker>
  |          </invoker-bindings>
  |       </session>
  |    </enterprise-beans>
  |    <resource-managers />
  | </jboss>

Then in the client I try to get a CORBA stub thusly:

  | Properties p = new Properties();
  | p.put(InitialContext.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtxFactory");
  | p.put(InitialContext.PROVIDER_URL, "corbaloc::172.16.130.100:3528/JBoss/Naming/root");
  |
  | InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(p);
  | MyRemote bean = (MyRemote) ctx.lookup("StatelessBean");

which blows up:

     [java] javax.naming.NameNotFoundException [Root exception is org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.NotFound: IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/NotFound:1.0]

so I use the JMX to do a list() on the jboss:service=CorbaNaming, which I'm assuming should dump out the contents of the name space. It's empty.

So, question: how do I get the bean into the name server?  I'm pretty sure it 'just worked' under 4.2. Is this broken in 5.0 or did I miss a step?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4126140#4126140

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4126140