[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JCA on JBoss] - Re: TODO: Improve management

vickyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 6 08:29:08 EST 2008

I have been looking at this section
2) Better visibility of the Pool(s)

I am analyzing these features
1) wait times when request are waiting on an empty pool.
2) Idle time of unused connections.
3) Max waiting time to get the connection from the pool.

I see this code at InternalManagedConnection::getConnection(Subject ...,Cri ....)

 long startWait = System.currentTimeMillis();
  |       try
  |       {
  |          connectionCounter.updateBlockTime(System.currentTimeMillis() - startWait);
  |
  |          if (permits.attempt(poolParams.blockingTimeout))
  |          {
  |             //We have a permit to get a connection. Is there one in the pool already?

The  connectionCounter.updateBlockTime(System.currentTimeMillis() - startWait);  should be inside the permit.attempt(...) .

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4126982#4126982

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4126982