[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of OSGi Integration] - Re: BundleActivatorDeployer Questions

johnbailey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 17 14:47:15 EST 2008

I just get the impression from the Spec Doc and the API that the Bundle Object is the access point for the Bundle within the framework.  The Bundle is also responsible for the life-cycle, and give access to load resources from the Bundle.

Maybe I am looking at this wrong, but it seems the Bundle will provide a point to access all the meta-data as well as the classloader for the installed Bundle.  I realize the bulk of what this integration provides is a mechanism to provide the additional classloading functionality, but it does seem the Bundle life-cycle from OSGI could be followed by starting and stopping the Bundle and delegating the calls to the BundleActivator as the API suggests.

Is there something I am missing?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4129954#4129954

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4129954