[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: Update the relevant .classpath files

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 29 14:20:47 EST 2008

"adrian at jboss.org wrote : How is it different to what you suggest (no .classpath file or an old one they generated before doing the svn update?)

Fail-fast.  No .classpath is very obviously wrong in Eclipse.  An incorrect .classpath might pose as correct (pointing to wrong versions, perhaps).

Though I still disagree with storing gen'd files in SCM, I can live with the addition of a Mojo/Plugin to autorun eclipse:eclipse.

At the end of the day, this is developer preference, we're debating the architecture of .classpath here. :)

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote : Of course the real fix is to replace eclipse's java project bundle with an extended one that runs off the pom.xml instead of .classpath ;-)

Max/Culpepper/Stryker...get on it. :D

S,
ALR