[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Re: JBM 2.0 JDBCPersistenceManager - volunteers?

bershath27 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 8 01:26:34 EST 2008

"timfox" wrote : Hi Tyronne-

  | Any more progress on this?
yes. i have already started creating a working model, i can complete this task by 10th.

to tell you the truth, i have already done this with a test case and trying to locate the project. since i have backed up my HDD during the re-installation of my OS. ;)

i'm using ORM using POJO's instead of Map of maps due to the following reasons :

- maintenance and debugging is awful with map of maps
- poor refactoring
- you use String everywhere
- detyped properties
- the fact, you can't have recursive structures since a Map uses  equals/hashcode to define uniquness so guess what happens if you have circular references between maps
- map of maps is very rarely usable (mostly only when you are dealing
with prototypes or meta-meta programming it would be usefull..but mainly
because one is too lazy)

these are the valid reasons i have for you, to move along with ORM. some of them were suggested by the HB team members. please let me know if you have any alternative to this.

thanks
Tyronne

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117795#4117795

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4117795