[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Clustering on JBoss (Clusters/JBoss)] - Re: JBAS-4919 - ha singletons in heterogenous topologies

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 15 10:19:54 EST 2008

Yes, makes sense to have the interface conform to what is actually used by external callers, with pickSingleton taking the newReplicants list.

First, have a look at the original discussion on http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=84307 to see if anything there triggers more thinking.  From that, I think I see what happened.  My original idea was the policy would have a ref to HAPartition and would know the target service name (i.e. what key the replicants are under in DRM).  With that a call to a simple no-args isElectedMaster() method could allow the policy to access the DRM (via HAPartition) to get the current replicants.  But I think the idea that the selection was based on the replicant list rather than the view got lost.

Anyway, passing the replicant list as a method param makes more sense. If a policy impl doesn't want to use the param it doesn't have to.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4120123#4120123

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4120123