[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Potential enhancement to jbpm

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 22 12:25:30 EST 2008

Just to make sure we are talking about the same 'problem': jBPM by itself does not deploy anything automatically or even automagically (and certainly not blindly ;-). Something has to call a method on the jBPM API to deploy things (sometimes a startup servlet).

As you mentioned, your application does this, so it is the responsibility of that application to check whether a new version should be deployed. There are multiple reasons for this but one of the major ones is how to determine what a new version is... a hash? timestamp? version number? There has been a lot of discussion about this in the forum. You can have a look at it if you want.

In our company we deploy a processdefinition, or rather a processarchive, the moment a new version of the full application is deployed, even if there is NO new processdefinition or whatever. We keep everything in sync by using CVS, a very reliable way if you 'tag' everything.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4122310#4122310

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4122310