[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: JBMICROCONT-309; aliases and scoping

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 2 06:17:51 EDT 2008

"alesj" wrote :
  | But I would need some new SPI on the Controller to handle issue#1.
  | I'm thinking of something like this
  |
  |   |    ControllerContext getLocalContext(Object name, ControllerState state);
  |   |

Scoping is an implementation detail and so such a call should
be part of those implementation details not the SPI.

I think if you've got something called "ScopedAlias" and
"ScopedController" that are both implementation details then it is better
they talk to each other using non-SPI.
You can see this by just asking "What does a LocalContext mean?" when you
look at the Controller SPI.

If you want to introduce scoping into the SPI then think about and do it properly
instead of just hacking one method into it which is unrelated to its
"do one thing well" contract.
i.e. add the methods to the contract that allow you to specify the structure
and have an alternate "scoping" implementation (e.g. peer instead hierarchical).

But this route seems like overkill for the sake of one method call unless you
can see further enhancements in this area in the future?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4161997#4161997

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4161997