[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Re: Some feedback on latest journal changes

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 31 12:07:21 EDT 2008

"clebert.suconic at jboss.com" wrote :

  | The first attempt was to record the total elements but a file could be reclaimed and part of the transaction gone,

How can a file be reclaimed if it it contains transactional records that haven't been committed or rolled back? We should never allow *part* of a transaction to disappear.

anonymous wrote :
  | I did this on purpose.  When I'm debugging the file, I usually set trace=true manually and change the trace method. I'm keepting the static private method close to the attribute as it is easier that way.

I was referring to the debug() method not the static trace method

anonymous wrote :
  | We aways had a record on appendRecord. We can't change currentFile until the checks on currentFile is done.
  | The new thing done was putting the appendRecord on a higher level, as the counters were being messed up.
  | I can put the lock back on appendRecord, but I would to do more testings with that.
  |
  | I would need to think about how to remove the lock at all. (There is a JIRA for that)

Yes, we need to revisit the concurrency.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4167968#4167968

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4167968