[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Build System] - Re: Notion of 'compatible-version'?

pgier do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 14 11:17:33 EDT 2008

The issue that you mentioned earlier (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-612) is assigned for 2.1 which is still a long way down the road.  Although the comments say it should be 2.0.x.  Also, even if it gets resolved, I'm not sure it would help us if we are not using the standard maven version numbers.

It would be nice to have a real "pluggable" version parser and resolution where we could write our own version rules and list it as a build extension in the pom or something like that.  I can bring this up on the maven dev list, but my prospects for having time to actually work on this are not too good for the near future.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4136729#4136729

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4136729