[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: iCalendar wrapper

aapthorp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 14 15:47:35 EDT 2008

"kukeltje" wrote :  jBPM does not (imo) avoid assignment states at least not at the technical level. The technical level being jbpm, the businesslevel the processdefinition.

I was alluding to the statement in the user guide that assignment is not part of the task lifecycle. Tom mentions PVM managing task states being managed by a PVM process. This sounds like what I'm looking for.

"kukeltje" wrote :  Mail could be extended as well to support mime (so html messages can be send), but I'm not even sure jBPM should do all this.

This is effectively what I have done in order to send a calendar/text mime body part. I also wonder if jBPM should do this or if a mail node is strictly part of jBPM. One might imagine other notification channels. To me this is part of an extended portal architecture (but that's another discussion...). As my original intent for developing the wrapper was to validate some thinking around the potential to leverage iCalendar for business tasks I haven't thought too much about this.

"Tom" wrote : i an curious to know more about what you call "bean that handles inbound ical attachments".

Currently this a message bean that listens on an IMAP mailbox for iCalendar/iTIP replys that acknowledge or decline a task assignment. This is rather rudimentary at the moment. Again you might argue that it would be better for this to be integrated via ESB, but I want to explore the limits of mapping iCalendar to jBPM.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4136810#4136810

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4136810