[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - Re: Field signature usage

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 17 08:53:51 EDT 2008

"alesj" wrote : When doing annotation lookup on fields in AbstractBeanAnnotationAdapter there are two ways of doing that.

  | 1) The same way as I'm doing it now via propertys
  | This is possible since fields are now 'propertys'.
  | But would require Signature abstraction on PropertyInfo.

Why? What are you talking about?
BeanInfo/Reflection is not based on the metadata repository. It is the other way around.

anonymous wrote :
  | 2) Doing normal fields inspection
  | This would require a change to AnnotatedElementMetaDataLoader, since currently only public fields are supported.
  | Dealing with possible duplicates, e.g. existing only setter + FIELDS|ALL mode

If you've done the field properties correctly, then this should just be
a case of using propertyInfo.get(Underlying)Annotations()
i.e. no getters/setters means use the field to get the annotations, but this
is all hidden from the caller - they are "property annotations"

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4137036#4137036

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4137036