[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Build System] - Maven Version ranges - Something rotten at repository.jboss.

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 29 10:01:28 EDT 2008

While doing my version range testing, I can't get it to work over repository.jboss.org

When I try to perform my release I get a bizzarre error message
for this constraint

  |     <dependency>
  |       <groupId>junit</groupId>
  |       <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
  |       <version>[4.4]</version>
  |       <scope>test</scope>
  |     </dependency>
  |

  | [INFO] Executing: mvn deploy --no-plugin-updates -Prelease -P local-properties,jboss.repository -f pom.xml
  | [INFO] Scanning for projects...
  |         WAGON_VERSION: 1.0-beta-2
  |         [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  |         [INFO] Building Project2
  |         [INFO]    task-segment: [deploy]
  |         [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  |         [INFO] [resources:resources]
  |         [INFO] Using default encoding to copy filtered resources.
  |         [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  |         [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
  |         [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  |         [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
  |
  |     Couldn't find a version in [3.8.2-brew] to match range [4.4,4.4]
  |           junit:junit:jar:null
  |
  |     from the specified remote repositories:
  |           central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
  |           repository.jboss.org (http://repository.jboss.org/maven2),
  |           snapshots.jboss.org (file:///home/ejort/temp/snapshots),
  |           repository (file:///home/ejort/temp/maven-repository)

This is despite the fact that I can see in the release-pom.xml
that it has actually resolved it to 4.4

  |     <dependency>
  |       <groupId>junit</groupId>
  |       <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
  |       <version>4.4</version>
  |       <scope>test</scope>
  |     </dependency>

Also, I don't know why it is searching in snapshots at this stage?

Anyway, when I just run my tests over repo1.maven.org, I don't see this problem.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4139825#4139825

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4139825