[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss Build System] - Re: Maven Version ranges - The version format

pgier do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 31 17:02:50 EDT 2008

"scott.stark at jboss.org" wrote :

  | The osgi versioning convention is simply what we describe as ours here:
  | http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossProductVersioning. Its just two short sections from the osgi r4 core spec:

I understand the versioning from the spec, but I wasn't sure how these versions are actually used in the application when loading an OSGi component.  Will we loose some compatibility if we use the maven standard for versions?  Or can we put the OSGi compatible version string somewhere in our jars even though the pom has the maven compatible version?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140275#4140275

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4140275