[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of EJB 3.0] - DeploymentScopeBaseName from JAR prepending JNDI Name

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 6 18:41:22 EDT 2008

>From JNDIView, we've got:

  +- ejbthree1066 (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
  |   |   +- CalculatorBean (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
  |   |   |   +- remote (proxy: $Proxy96 implements interface org.jboss.ejb3.proxy.JBossProxy,interface org.jboss.ejb3.test.ejbthree1066.Subtractor,interface org.jboss.ejb3.test.ejbthree1066.Adder)

Previously, this looked like "ejbName/remote", and I don't see any discussions on the forum for "jarName/ejbName/remote".

The PackagingBasedJndiBindingPolicy.getDefaultRemoteJndiName() is prepending the DeploymentScopeBaseName:

      String name = summary.getEjbName() + PackagingBasedJndiBindingPolicy.JNDI_SUFFIX_REMOTE;
  |       if (summary.getDeploymentScopeBaseName() != null)
  |          name = summary.getDeploymentScopeBaseName() + "/" + name;
  |       return name;

We need this to uniquely scope EARs, but is this the desired behaviour for JAR deployments?  Another issue affecting a large percentage of our TestSuite. :)

If correct, I'll update the tests, if incorrect, we'll fix.

S,
ALR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4148955#4148955

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4148955