[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBossCache] - Re: new eviction region issues

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 7 18:21:29 EDT 2008

I agree, I think it is fair that the eviction algorithm sees all nodes as having the same creation timestamp for preexisting nodes.

But going back to the whole thing of programmatic creation of eviction regions - I'm pretty sure this is an "unintentional" feature.  :-)  I can see how it can be useful and ought to be a real feature, but the way evictions work (as you can see from this thread) it is clearly not designed to be configured on the fly.

Let's think about what we need to add to eviction configuration to make it dynamic - so far we just have the issue of pre-existing nodes.  Anything else?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149244#4149244

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149244