[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Do we need JournalStorageManager::ADD_MESSAGE?

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 8 12:09:34 EDT 2008

Do we really need ADD_MESSAGE on JournalStorageManager?

ADD_MESSAGE are aways done on Journal.appendAddRecord or appendAddRecordTransactional. With that in hand when you have an ADD on the journal it can't be other thing but ADD_MESSAGE.

I'm asking that because we are making an extra copy just to place the ADD_MESSAGE byte. We could eliminate it if we didn't need that.

I would of course keep the bytes on ACKs and MessageCounter.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4149514#4149514

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4149514