[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - Re: MaxIO, MinFiles and JournalFileSize

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 13 17:23:30 EDT 2008

"timfox" wrote : The idea with freeFiles being pre-opened is to prevent a pause when the journal moves to the next file as it opens the file.

We could have only the first freeFile opened.

A checkout from freeFile would aways return instantly while another thread would open the next first file. Same way as we would have another thread closing the file. (since that represents a big pause on AIO).

And I would make the files bigger by default also.. as I said before... to avoid opening and closing them so often under high load.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4150533#4150533

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4150533