[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of EJB 3.0] - Re: JBAS-2408 - EJB3 / JCA integration

jesper.pedersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 14 14:09:57 EDT 2008

Just a small update on the SPI work.

The EndpointActivationBusLocator isn't needed as the EndpointActivationBusManager should be injection using @Inject or through a -beans.xml file. The manager itself is installed in the microcontainer using a -beans.xml together with its dependencies. The manager is a singleton.

One dependency is currently the JCAMetaDataRepository as the manager needs information about the resource archives that have been installed. Furthermore the client can activate the endpoint using a set of properties -- and of course the client callback object (Endpoint).

I'm currently investigating the interaction with the EndpointActivation from a clients point of view using the EJB3 messaging container as the example.

The EJB3 messaging container currently relies on two classes: JBossMessageEndpointFactory and MessageInflowLocalProxy both in the org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.inflow package.

Most of the functionality in JBossMessageEndpointFactory will be replaced by the EndpointActivation and the callback object.

The task is to replace the MessageInflowLocalProxy with something on both sides - or some sort of callback that the client provides. The AOPEndpoint interface doesn't currently fit in here, since MessageInflowLocalProxy is an java.lang.reflect.InvocationHandler. The question is also how much of the JCA API we expose to the client.

I havn't investigated yet how the resolveRarContext method should be implemented, but properly a scan through the metadata and lookups in the microcontainer.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4150845#4150845

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4150845