[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss ESB] - Re: JCRMessageStoreImpl store only message body?

mark.little@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 20 09:21:10 EDT 2008

We should definitely be storing the entire message. I'd suggest adding some option (maybe on the message) that indicates the duration for which it can be stored and, when it gets deleted by the store, we should have a "grave stone" (marker) for it so that we don't break referential integrity.

If you delve back far enough in the design forums you'll find some of the original design ideas behind the message store, not all of which made it into the implementation. One of them was to store the entire message and have a generic search method that allowed you to send arbitrary rules in to the "engine" and get back a stream of results, c.f. dynamic SQL procedures. That way the store API isn't tied to a static and limited set of search criteria.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4152008#4152008

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4152008