[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of JBoss ESB] - Re: Support marshaling or unmarshaling the soap message us

jim.ma do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 21 02:26:34 EDT 2008

"jeffdelong" wrote : For 1) can you describe what the rest of the configuration would look like, i.e. the provider and listener? What would com.foo.Request and com.foo.Response look like?

When publish a ESB service to Web service , we can just simply keep the provider and listener as is  and add the inClass/outClass and faultClass attribute to
Actions element , for example this is the configuration for publish helloworld esb service:

  | <?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
  | <jbossesb xmlns="http://anonsvn.labs.jboss.com/labs/jbossesb/trunk/product/etc/schemas/xml/jbossesb-1.0.1.xsd" parameterReloadSecs="5">
  |
  |     <providers>
  |           <jms-provider name="JBossMQ" connection-factory="ConnectionFactory">
  |               <jms-bus busid="quickstartGwChannel">
  |                   <jms-message-filter
  |                       dest-type="QUEUE"
  |                       dest-name="queue/quickstart_helloworld_Request_gw"
  |                    />
  |               </jms-bus>
  |               <jms-bus busid="quickstartEsbChannel">
  |                   <jms-message-filter
  |                       dest-type="QUEUE"
  |                       dest-name="queue/quickstart_helloworld_Request_esb"
  |                   />
  |               </jms-bus>
  |
  |           </jms-provider>
  |       </providers>
  |
  |       <services>
  |         <service
  |         	category="FirstServiceESB"
  |         	name="SimpleListener"
  |         	description="Hello World">
  |             <listeners>
  |                 <jms-listener name="JMS-Gateway"
  |                     busidref="quickstartGwChannel"
  |                     maxThreads="1"
  |                     is-gateway="true"
  |                 />
  |                 <jms-listener name="helloWorld"
  |                               busidref="quickstartEsbChannel"
  |                               maxThreads="1"
  |                 />
  |             </listeners>
  |             <actions inClass="com.foo.Request" outClass="com.foo.Response">
  |                    <action name="action1"
  |                    	class="org.jboss.soa.esb.samples.quickstart.helloworld.MyJMSListenerAction"
  |                    	process="displayMessage"
  |                    	/>
  |                     <action name="action2" class="org.jboss.soa.esb.actions.SystemPrintln">
  |                       <property name="printfull" value="true"/>
  |                     </action>
  |                     <!-- The next action is for Continuous Integration testing -->
  |                     <action name="testStore" class="org.jboss.soa.esb.actions.TestMessageStore"/>
  |             </actions>
  |         </service>
  |       </services>
  |
  | </jbossesb>

com.foo.Request and com.foo.Response can be like this :

public class Request implements Serializable {
  |     public String msg ;
  | }
  |
  | public class Response implements Serializable {
  |    public String  msg;
  | }

If the "inClass" attribute is defined , Request and Response class will be used to generate schema and generate wsdl during the service starts up .  Other artifacts will also be generated , for example endpoint
implementation class used to publish web service to jbossws stack .

"jeffdelong" wrote :
  | For 2) what would be supported from the SOAP Header, e.g. ws-security or ws-transaction information?

We can support them. And the extra effort we need to do is  writing our own processor or translator to convert the soap header to our esb message header  format.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4152200#4152200

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4152200