[jboss-dev-forums] [Design the new POJO MicroContainer] - expressing dependent states

jhalliday do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 21 10:16:16 EDT 2008

So I'm busy migrating the transaction manager in JBossAS 5.0 from JMX to POJO and I run into a little problem with the JTS version... The TransactionManager bean does things in its 'create()' method that depend on the CorbaORBService MBean having run its 'startService()' method beforehand.

So the problem is twofold - I need to have a bean depending on an mbean (that bit seems to work) but I additionally need to have two different lifecycle phases ordered in a particular way. I don't seem to be able to express in my bean's xml "Don't 'create' me until 'the orb' has been 'started'". Of course this needs to be generalized to any (m)beans and any lifecycle phases.  Any way to support that?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4152351#4152351

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4152351