[jboss-dev-forums] [Design of Messaging on JBoss (Messaging/JBoss)] - XA resource and setting the timeout

ataylor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 3 06:16:28 EST 2008

Currently in JBM 2 we don't support setting the timeout on an XA Session. Since neither the JTA or XA specs define what a 'timeout' means we need to decide what the semantics of a timeout are with regard to an XA Session.

A simplistic solution would be to roll back the tx and remove it from the Resource Manager but i'm not sure as to what effect this would have with the tx manager. Maybe one of the tx gurus could comment on what they think the expected semantics are!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4186352#4186352

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4186352